Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Having a very good ART Tuesday

Good morning,

This morning is a very good morning!

I made this brightly colored deco box, which can be added to any scrapbooking projects freely. There is a blank on my website to change the word Tuesday to Day or Birthday. The blank lets you choose what to put in the light blue box.

If you wish to pick it up, just go to http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com.

Why is today such a "cheery" Tuesday? Because I have an MRI scheduled this morning at 10 am. My fall on 6/10 has left me with a bum right arm, which becomes more painful as the days go by. Please, please, please ... let this test show the problem so I can get it fixed!!!

Yesterday, my dear hubby had a brain scan. An MRI of his brain and the consult will be either Wednesday or Thursday. They believe he had a stroke about a month ago. While he appears to be "ok" in every way, he still needs to have it checked out.

Two years ago, they wanted to do an angioplasty on him: balloon surgery. In his heart. He said no way, but is now rethinking that. He has very high blood pressure as well, and if the new meds don't improve it when he goes for those tests next week; they will hospitalize him. He will most assuredly have the surgery THIS TIME. He is rethinking his condition, thank heavens.

I certainly wish to have him around a while longer. We've only been married 8 1/2 years, and together for 10. I am NOT ready for him to follow his brother home.

My condition is NOT life-threatening, but just plain painful. It has been 4 1/2 months. Sleeping was easier before this last weekend, but during it and since, I have so much trouble finding a comfortable position. If I lay on my back, my right shoulder blade hurts. If I lay on my left side, my whole right arm and shoulder hurts. Laying on my stomach causes discomfort. You would think laying on the painful arm on my right side would hurt more, but it is the only way I can get some relief. If Ihave too many pillows, my neck hurts. I am just plain tired of pain.

Once the test is done, I will need to wait to see how they plan to fix me. Surgery? Maybe. Rehab; most definitely.

So ... I am looking forward to today.

I will be sitting at my desk at 6 am this morning. I will work till 9 am, and then take some sick leave to head to the imaging place. I don't think it will take that long, but I'm trying to decide whether to head back to work, or just take the rest of the day off. I guess I'll decide before I leave for the appointment.

Hoping everyone health ... and that you, too, have a very "cheery" Tuesday.

See you soon.

No comments: