Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sugar and Spice Deco Box

Good morning,

It is a little later in the day ... after my last post. My husband called me and is enjoying his day with his son who lives in Wisconsin. They were driving to get his son a haircut ... which is usually what they did when he first arrived at our house for a visit. Dad loves to see a new haircut on his son.

My husband also got to talk to his daughter on the phone last night. She's now 17. This little "Sugar and Spice" deco box was created with Vilene in mind.

The memorial service is due to start in about an hour. Everyone sent their hellos.

On my part, some updated news on me. On June 10th of this year, I took a "face fall" on the floor at work. Talk about an "ouch"! While all the superficial injuries are just a memory, one lingered that has plagued me greatly. My right shoulder sustained an injury. It just will not heal. I recently learned that it may be a partial or full rotator cuff tear, but only an MRI will determine the extent of the injury and the avenue to recovery.

Being that it is Worker's Comp; I have been struggling to learn the process for getting treatment. Seems the doctor I went to see didn't have much idea of what to do either. Not necessarily the doctor, but his office staff. This left me totally perplexed since he admitted that they are WC certified. Hmmmm? "How do you get authorization for treatment, then? I know that 3 requests have been submitted, and all have been rejected for stupid reasons."

Federal Worker's Comp has to go through ACS (Advisory and Consulting Services), which our staff nurse at my office, told me about. It' been 4 months since the accident, and believe me. I am struggling with this right arm pain. It radiates down my arm into my hand and fingers. It radiates out from my shoulder joint to my mid-section (along the collarbone in the front and along the shoulder blade in the back). It also shoots upward into my neck; mostly on the right side. The pain is almost constant: from a low ache to full blown throbbing, burning pain. There is also knife-sharp pain in certain areas in my outside upper right arm, and around the shoulder joint itself. It has recently caused my back to lock up, which calls for a day or two at home in bed resting and on muscle relaxers. Ice has become a great friend for dulling the pain.

I fnally seem to be on the right track for treatment. I was able to get the info that my doctor's office would need to get my MRI. By phone. I accomplished that yesterday at work.

Last night, on my answering machine, I actually got a call from the place that's been scheduled to do my MRI. Yeah! I tried to call this morning to get it scheduled, but they don't appear to be open on weekends, so first thing Monday, I will call and try to get in as quick as possible. I can't wait to end the pain I've endured over the last 4 months.

Hope you are having a great day!

No comments: