Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wild, Wild West Hair Doll 2 and Free Pngs

Good Sunday morning,

This post is featuring my wild, wild west hair doll #2.  Her hair is much fuller and longer this time.  And even though her hair looks pink, it's actually red.

This is her close-up and featured on my art pictures.

This is a free background, should you wish to snag it.

Here are the steps I used in creating her.  I didn't take any pictures of making her face.

In the first picture, you can see her head and the beginning of her making her hair.  I used 4 ply red yarn, and divided each small piece apart of the 4-ply yarn.  I then bundled those with sets of three, so 12 small plys together to make one hair plug.  I tied them together with another small ply and let it blend in with the rest of the hair.

I don't know how many make up her head, but it's approximately 16 to 18 sets of plugs.  I wrapped wire around the middle of the plugs, and inserted the wires into her head at intervals.

Then I baked her.  The yarn does not burn at all or discolor.  I baked her two times to make sure she was done, as she is bigger than my first wild, wild west hair doll.

The second picture shows the front after all her hair was added.  I added some shorter ply plugs along the top of her hair line for bangs.

The third picture just shows the back.

Here's her close-up again, without the art work.  After she was done, I tied her hair the way I wanted it, and then gave her a haircut.  Her painted checks are gloss and pink acrylic mixed together and painted on.

In her hair is a small crown-like item I made from white printing paper.  I glued it into her hair with a little E6000.

I used the same glue to attach the pearl strand around her neck.  Underneath the pearls is a pink gem and a clay heart that I made with a pink and blue bug resting on it.  The heart is red, and has one miniature flower on it.

Her dress is scrap paper I purchased some years ago.  It is sparkly and is in light blue and pinks.  I shaped this into a cone.

The edging is white and light pink yarn that was twisted together and glued along the edge of her cone dress.

She stands about 4 inches high.

The face took me about one hour to make.  The hair took quite a bit longer.

I am very excited about this doll.  She was a lot of fun to make, and I've very pleased with the final results.

Hope you enjoyed this little project of mine today.



No comments: