Sunday, June 15, 2008

You are very SPECIAL

Good morning!

It's Father's Day today, so Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. I hope you have an enjoyable, yet relaxing day!

The card front created here could be for anyone that you consider "special" in your life.

As you know, I have a website where I offer free art accessories to all that care to use them.

Unfortunately, I am way behind on it, as well as posting on this blog.

When I took my vacation, I fell behind. And then, I started trying to catch up, doing days at a time to get back to the present day. And then "IT" happened.

I took a fall at work, and trying to keep up became harder.

When I was young, I was so graceful. I was a "dancer" -- mostly teaching dance as exercise and doing partner dancing during the "disco era". It was great fun.

But as I'm aging, my balance must not be as good or something, because this is the second fall I've had in about a year.

This time, I fell right on my face. Last Tuesday. Wow! What a big shocker that was. My main concern was "did I still have my teeth?" And, yes. I did.

Of course, they bit into my lower lip and into my inside mouth which caused some bleeding, but it didn't last. And being at work, I went through the necessary actions that are expected. Hospital, dentist, etc. That was all on Tuesday.

Wednesday, I saw a doctor for followup. X-rays revealed no broken jaw and shoulder and arm fine as well. X-rays at the dentist revealed I did not break my teeth or injury the roots.

I was left with a swollen left ankle, which lasted through Thursday, and my right arm deltoid muscle is extremely painful still. It felt better yesterday than it does today. Dressing, undressing, and driving a car with a stick shift have not helped. (I've only driven 3x since my accident. And not for the last 3 days.)

The doctor I saw on Wednesday released me to go back to work, although I didn't go on Wednesday afternoon. I went home and went to bed and slept for most of the afternoon. I was in a lot of pain still.

I drove to work on Thursday. Big mistake. By 12:30, my neck was stiff, so I left, came home, and back to bed to sleep.

Friday, I took a sick day. I was driven to my followup doctor's appointment Friday morning, but upon arriving, discovered that their power was out due to the previous night's storm, and was told to come back Monday morning at 8. That's tomorrow.

I will need to return to work tomorrow also, and am hoping that my arm has improved even more by then. I am right-handed, and it is still painful to use my arm.

So. Life should return to normal, with me watching every darn step I'm taking. I must have tripped or stubbed my toe, or something. One minute, I was up; the next I was kissing the carpet. I don't recommend trying it.

One thing is for sure. I was lucky. I didn't really hurt anything, and will be fully better soon. Pride? Haven't even considered it. When I hit the floor, people told me it sounded like someone dropped a full box of xerox paper. It feels like they dropped it on my shoulder and arm!

Anyway. Have a great day! And know ... all of you are special. Special to more people than I'm sure you'd know.

No comments: