Sunday, May 5, 2013

Luck with my new Diet Plan

 

 Good afternoon again,

My favorite magazine is Woman's World, as many of you know.  And every week, they offer a new diet.  I've finally found one I really like, and Dr. Oz thinks it makes a lot of sense.

Me and many of my family members have food allergies.  I've always felt a lot of the problem was due to all the engineering they do to our foods now.  As soon as I remember it starting, I felt it was going to be trouble.  No one can't perfect what God has already created perfectly.

The issue I'm talking about is the April 15, 2013 issue, page 18 and 19.  It's called, "Dr.OZ reveals Your hidden fat trigger!"

The picture above is my picture that I took of MY BREAKFAST just THIS MORNING.  Of course, I edited in my graphics program.  The second picture, also taken by me, is straight out of my camera.  That's a 12 oz. glass you're seeing.

The smoothie calls for only a half cup of coconut milk, but for days my thick smoothie would hardly come out of my blender, so I decided to add more to thin it down.  I am lactose-intolerant, and was a little unsure of trying coconut silk, but I love it!  And I love my morning breakfast now.

The diet also calls for 1/2 cup of grapes, but I've found grabbing a handful is fine for me.

One way to cut food bills is to know what you're going to eat each day.  If you can stand to have the same thing for one meal a day, this will truly lower your grocery bill.

You do follow a set menu for 20 days in the full version of the plan, but in the Woman's World version, they put together a quick mini-version lasting only 3 days.  I weighed myself each day, and lost 3 pounds.

I made a list of the acceptable foods which were the ones I was eating the first three days.  I then was allowed, after the third day, to add one to my menu.  I found a plain baked potato did not affect my weight adversely at all.  In fact, I dropped another 4 oz.  I weigh daily to see how different foods affect me.

If a food doesn't affect my weight, I can it to my skinny list.  If it causes weight gain, it goes on my fat list.  I can still eat it occasionally, but I know to keep it small and not eat that every day.

To find out more about the diet, find a copy of this Woman's World or buy the book for the full version.

Me, I'm just keeping on with the mini version.  I feel so good, and I'm seeing results I like.  I am almost never hungry either, which is terrific!

My husband and I also love Chinese food, although I am eliminating soy from my regular diet.  But on Saturday, we love to order carryout from a place locally, and on this diet, I've discovered that I can eat it (a smaller version of it though, which is fine), and still drop 2 oz.  Wow!  I love this diet.

I know that salmon causes me to gain 14 oz. the next day.  So, although I love salmon, it's only on my menu 2x a month.

Just thought I'd share this plan with you.  Perhaps it will work for you, too.

Have a great day!

Cj




No comments: