Sunday, April 21, 2013
Anniversary Project Up Close
Continued from my previous post: Here is a picture of my little sculpey owl. He was originally made to make into a pin.
Carelessly, I dropped him, and his right wing broke off. I could not find the piece that fell in my office where I do my art. Someday, it will turn up. I had a little blended color from the original project, so I made a new wing, baked it, and glue it on; then glossed it.
The eyes are movable eyes, the kind that move when you shake them. I glue those on after my projects are baked and cooled.
Here is my little sculpey flower I made. I made two of these, and never used them, so I thought I'd add it here. You can see the wired pearls in this closeup.
And last, but not least ... the butterfly was bought at Michaels or Joanne's. They come in a set of two, and I hadn't used either, so dedicated this one for this project. The flower was made from kleenex/tissue paper. I used an ink pad to get the darker rose color on the edges.
That's pretty much it. I didn't show you the butterflies or bling gems. They are standard fare that you pick up for scrapping projects.
I plan to make more of this type of project, but in small sizes. Perhaps for a birthday or other gift. This particular project is about 8.5 x 11 just for the photo. The base extends out beyond that, so it is a fairly large project for me, but perfect for hanging on a wall to show it off.
Saving with thrift store items, such as the nightgown I purchased are cheap and fun to use on projects like this. This was a huge-gal gown, and it has ruffles and lace on it, which I also plan to use. Its wonderful. (I didn't know how big this nightgown was until I got it home, and tried it on. OH MY! It fell right off!)
Hope you enjoyed these projects.
Have a terrific Sunday.
Monday and Tuesday, I hope to post the two gifts I sent out yesterday.
Bye for now.