Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sun. 11/29/09-Black is Back


Good morning!

Just a little card that is black ... I'm.... back! The character is just a little fantasy-type creature. You could color the circles, if you wish, and put a picture or title in the unusual little box.

On Monday, we'll go back to some colored items.

If you check my website for the 3 free graphics, you'll find one cute little colored owl. I really like the items I put up there today. And they will only be there for 24 hours!

We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving today at my daughters. I'm all set with my own contribution there.

This little creature is not a sea monster, but he is a sea creature. I ran across a cute little joke in my Woman's World that I'll share here:

Q: What do sea monsters eat?

A: Fish and SHIPS!

That made me smile when I read it, and I hope it does the same for you.

I am currently being treated for a low vitamin D level in my body. I need this vitamin due to osteoporsis in my spine, and osteopenia in my hips. I take a Fosamex supplement every Sunday morning (yep! today was the day, ugh!), and I need the vitamin to help absorb the calcium in my body.

I am also lactose intolerant, so I have trouble with milk, but can eat low-fat cheese (mozzarella sticks), and eat some ice creams, and occasionally will have some low-fat chocolate milk.

My stepmom never understood why I could drink chocolate, but not white. Back then, they did not know much about lactose intolerance. I read some years back, that adding chocolate to the milk made it possible to drink some milk. Why? I'm not sure, but it helps.

Doctors can test your vitamin D level with a simple blood test. I've been getting LOTS of those lately, and at one visit, got 2! Doctors want to see your vitamin D level over 30. Before I started taking 50,000 units gel tabs by prescription, my level was at 7. My doctor had ordered 6 pills, but the pharmacy only provided 4.

She reordered another round of these, due to the fact that I was now at mark 22. Again, the instructions on the bottle say, "Take 1 cap once weekly for 6 weeks as directed." Again, the quantity says 4. Hmmmm. I noticed that on it says 0.33 refills of 6 until 11/16/10. Those other 2 must be in that 0.33 refills. In which case, I missed the last 2 on my last round. (Maybe I can take both bottles, and get the 2 I missed along with this newest one. It hasn't expired yet.)

Must be some kind of thing where they can only dispense 4 at a time, which is a month's worth.

The point of all this. I'm looking for vitamin d rich foods. I read in my woman's magazine, which is full of newsworthy items, that food sources with at least 100 IU per 8 oz serving are: salmon, mackerel, fortified OJ and enriched milks. (I'll forgo the milk, but I like fish and oj.) But a serving of salmon and mackerel are usually 4 oz. Do I need 2 servings to get the 100 IU's? I need to ask my doctor.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Cj
3 free new graphics each day

No comments: