Thursday, April 3, 2008

Teddy Magic

Good morning!

I needed teddy magic this morning ... uh, I guess it would have been last night.

Teddy bears are favorites of children when they hit the sack. But once we're grown up ... there is no more teddy magic.

I don't usually dream, so it was very unusual that I had two dreams in a row last night. Two BAD dreams. They woke me up; so I finally just decided 'to get up'. It was 11:30 pm, and I'd gone to bed about 7 pm.

The first dream had me in a tall story building when a tornado hit. My daughter was there with me, and my first thought was to grab her and wrap my arms and legs around her to keep us together should we find ourselves flying through the air. Weird.

Now I work on the 5th floor of a 7-story building. My daughter does not work there. Also, we just had a tornado drill last week. Hmmmm.

The second dream was out of a horror movie.

I needed to use the rest room, and stopped on the road. I don't remember being on the road going anywhere, I just ended up in this strange trailer-type abode with tiny, tiny rooms, and they were 'bubble-shaped'. More like what I'd expect to see in a submarine. I know. It's strange.

I went into the first main room that had two little rooms off it. You could barely move around in there. There was someone in the second room which was right off the main room. The other room was off the main room and just to the left of the second room. I could hear someone moving around in the second room. So, I went into the room that was left.

For some reason, I could not use this restroom, and I heard a door shut. So, I came out of that room and pushed the door open on the second room which had been occupied. It was dark inside but a small lamp with an erie glow showed that there was a coat and purse hung over a chair in there. "Oh my," I thought. "The person has only stepped out and will be right back. I don't want her to find me in here." (Now, I had seen no woman at all, but there was that coat and purse.)

There was no toilet, yet I grabbed some toilet paper from a roll and quickly hurried back to the room to the left of the second room and shut the door. I heard the other woman enter. I didn't use the restroom, but wadded up the paper I'd taken from the other room and flushed it down the toilet.

I came out of the room I was in, and noticed the door of the second room standing open, but no one was inside. A chill swept over me and danger registered. My heart began beating. I had heard someone come back in, but being as this was a very tiny little area, could see no one. I was afraid to go forward ... and then I woke up.

That one really spooked me. I looked at the clock. 11:30 pm. Ugh! I laid there a few more minutes, but didn't feel sleepy any longer. I only felt "spooked".

I got up, put on coffee, and here I sit. I had just finished my picture above, and named it teddy magic. I thought about kids taking their teddies to bed, and I thought of my dreams.

I don't really need a teddy as my bed is occupied on the other side by my husband, and he was there. But in a dream, you are still alone. And a spooky dream makes you feel really alone.

I don't know the meaning of either dream although maybe I'm just a little stressed out lately. Who knows. Do you ever have bad dreams?

Here's hoping for a brighter morning, and a great day! I am so looking forward to more spring-like weather!

See you soon.

No comments: