Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Phantom Ghost STRIKES my office!

Good morning ... and one last post for today!

Halloween is over, but NOT forgotten. And this year, it was especially fun! I love Halloween!

Halloween brought a new office game this year. Your office may enjoy this -- next year. Just remember to start it early, so it can spread through any LARGE company.

I came into work one morning, and on my desk, I found 2 sheets of paper, and a little Halloween bag of candy.

I blinked and looked around. No one else had one on their desk. I was perplexed.

Two co-workers sat at their desks and watched me, amused. "Some guy dropped it off!" one said.

And then I took a closer look. I looked at the sheet with the ghost (I re-did this ghost for this blogspot), and then read the second sheet with the poem. I smiled, and felt a little giddy inside. "How wonderful!" I exclaimed.

I peered into my bag of goodies. There were about 8 pieces of candy. Some were minature chocolate bars, others were things like little packages of smarties. I shared my candy with those who wanted certain sweets, and it was wonderful.

On the sheet with the poem were instructions.

"You have been selected to participate in a fun little office game of tag! The Phantom Ghost has chosen to visit you to bring you a Halloween treat. Place the Phantom Ghost somewhere on your desk so that everyone can see you have already been visited!

Now ... you need to make 2 copies of this note, and two copies of the Phantom Ghost. Make 2 goodie bags to go with them. Tomorrow, without anyone knowing, "ghost" 2 more people in the office.

Don't break the chain!!! The goal is to have everyone "visited" by the end of October.

Happy Halloween!!!"

On my way home that night, I stopped. I was able to get 3 bags, and I bought all my Halloween candy at that time. I filled the 3 little baggies with their sweets.

The next morning, I printed out copies of the phantom ghost, the poem, and the instructions. I hid everything in a sack and began walking around in other departments. It was just after 6 a.m., so there weren't many people in the office. But I could've hit others while they were on break. It only takes a second.

I tried to place the bags/sheets on desks in areas where no one was visible yet. The first one: a total success.

The second: I thought it was empty, only to turn around and see a woman smiling from her cube behind me. I put a finger to my lips, and said, "Shhhh! Don't tell."

She smiled and nodded.

The last desk, after I had laid my items on the desk, a head popped up over the last wall. I saw the interest in his eyes, and quietly said, "Please don't tell them I was here. It's a surprise."

He smiled and looked with great interest at what I was doing. His smiled widened, and he replied, "Of course not!"

When I was done, I wished I had more goody bags and sheets to hand out. I don't remember the last time I had so much fun playing. The "spirit of giving/sharing" was with me the rest of the day. Of course, after a person is hit in one department, it is NOT quite the surprise it is with the first one that is hit; but the new person hit is extremely pleased to finally be a receiver. I hope they enjoyed the part of the giver ... as much as I did.

I know Halloween is past this year. But what a wonderful game to put into another holiday ... or start again next year.

It really made my day!

See you soon.

No comments: