Sunday, January 20, 2008

Forgotten souls

Good morning,

This is posted for Saturday. I have not posted as much this last week. It's been busy, so what can I say?

I miss the "forgotten souls" of summer that dot our gardens. Pretty, pretty ... so fresh and vibrant. It has been very cold lately. The radio announcer said it is "dangerously" cold.

The water dish for the wild kitties keeps freezing solid. I keep bringing it back in and thawing it out, and putting fresh into it. It feels like it's been a long winter.

My granddaughter was over to spend last night with me. I helped her put on her tights for church this morning. My, those were some THICK tights. But, she looked so cute.

She has long, blonde hair. "Can you give me some curls, mamaw?" she asked. "I'll try", I said. We managed to get a long tendril on each side of her face. She loved it. In the absence of summer's beauty, she shines.

This month is the anniversary of my father's death. It has been many years now. And while he is gone; he is NOT forgotten.

Hope you are having a delightful weekend! Back in a minute!

No comments: