Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday's Art Tube

Good morning!

It's Friday, so another kalei-graphic in its honor.

Actually, two, in one picture.

I came home early yesterday, and sat out on my deck steps to watch the kittens. I didn't grab my camera though.

I watched 3 of the kittens as they played in and under a flowering bush. The other striped kitten is still hiding in an old cushion under my desk. This one that hides is the smallest of the litter; the one with such a sweet face.

One of the two black ones had managed to climb up on a branch of this flowering bush, and you could see the limb bending under it's weight. It was a great lesson in balance. The larger striped kitten lay under the branch, watching its playmate swagger on the branch above it. Occasionally, it would lift its paw to swipe at the one swaying overhead. It was so cute.

Previously, the black and striped kitten had been rolling around together playing. The other black kitten was surveying the brush around the house, and finally saw mama laying in the grass under the old swing.

It approached her head first, receiving a licking here and there before it made it way to her belly to get an quick snack.

The black kitten in the bush finally descended from its perch and practiced "pouncing" on something it saw on the ground. So cute.

The striped kitten that had been its partner in play went back to the bush they lived in before we finally mowed the lawn. It went inside the bush, but came back out.

When I looked under the deck, the smallest striped kitten had left its cushy comfort and rummaged back behind a hammock we have there laying up against the house. It is the shy kitty.

Unfortunately, they are growing up wild. I've only touched and held them that one time, and they are very wary of people. Watching them scramble away if I get too close is funny, but they move faster now.

They have to be close to "weaning" age. I've put food and water out for them also, but have never seen them eat. I know mama has brought them a bird, or has at least eaten a bird, under the deck. I watched one kitten ramble over to some feathers and lick one.

They are adorable. The dilemma soon will be "what to do" with these kittens. Our neighborhood does not need more cats roaming around to produce more little offspring. My husband will probably be carting them off to a shelter soon.

I will enjoy watching him chase them to catch them. Perhaps I'll help; just so I can hold them once again.

Enjoy today ... and I'll be back to post tomorrow.

No comments: