Friday, June 1, 2007

June 2007 and Friday Graphics


Good ... Friday Morning!

Ah yes! Kaleis again.

This picture shows you my beginning picture. The one in the pink box. After that, you see the different outcomes of kaleidoscoping it.

Before I kaleidoscope it, I select it using my circle or eclipse selection tool. You could also use your point-to-point selection to get other shapes.

I used a variation of shades, in red only. I also like to vary the shapes and width of my original lines because they produce more interesting kaleis.

I then took one of my kaleis, not listed in the summary box (I make 14 each time, and they didn't all fit). I took one to make this frame, so you can see what you can do with them.

Here is the finished result.

Everything in this picture is from a kalei except the actual frame I made and the words. I found the finished product pleasing to my eye. I like the composition of it.

I had another one for today, but it really didn't go with these, so I'll save it for tomorrow.

June is here! Our weather is very warm now. Around 90 each day, but the humidity isn't too bad yet.

My garden of tomatoes is growing out of seeds from last year. I didn't have to buy any seeds as I take over-ripe tomatoes from the vine and toss them under the plants. I leave the dead stalks as they are all winter, and remove them in the spring. When I went out last weekend to pull weeds to survey the area, I found I had many more tomatoes growing than I bought last year! I will have to thin them soon, but I'll leave the strongest to produce my crop this year. There is nothing like fresh garden tomatoes!

Make it a great Friday. It will go quickly.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: