Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fun Fest Thursday

Good morning!

It is going to be a beautiful day today.

Featured today, is a Cosmic Blob creation. Only the face and hair were made in Cosmic Blob. I am still experiment-
ing with this amazing little program. While it can be frustrating at times, it is truly a remarkable addition to my art world. I just love it!

Today is a day of celebration. It is a multi-cultural fun fest day. We work 4 hours, and the other 4 hours are dedicated to visiting the fun fest. Family and friends are welcome on this day.

My husband, daughter, and granddaughter will attend. It promises to be a very delightful day.

It starts off with a parade at 11 a.m. Last year's parade was spectacular.

There's going to be a carousel and lots of activities and games. The kids will just love it.

Here's wishing you a "fun-filled" day. I will return tomorrow.

NOTE ON KITTIES: They are doing well. They must be about 6 weeks old or so by now. They are now eating solid food that I put out for mama, although she still nurses them some. The kittens can get up and down the deck stairs with ease now, and love to peer in the window at us. They allow us to come up to our side of glass, get down for a face-to-face shot, and just stare. It is their first real look up close at us. But open that door, and they move away very fast.

When I got home yesterday, mama and 2 of the kittens were curled up together in a deck chair, napping. It was sweet. One of the black kittens is now more of a mottled coloring, but still predominately black. The other black kitten is solid black with little white toes on it's hind feet only. They are adorable.

I was worried for awhile because 2 of the kittens had appeared to wander off. I hadn't seen them since my family came over two weekends ago. They were back yesterday.

Another large black cat appeared on my deck last night. I assume the father of one or two kittens. Mama didn't like him being their and was agressively watchful. I went out and scared off the black cat. Mama came towards me standing in the doorway of the deck and meowed and meowed like she was saying, "Thanks, lady. I needed a hand with that." And then she plopped down and relaxed.

They are amazing little creatures. I am happy they are all together again.

Have a great day!

No comments: