Thursday, May 10, 2007

Decorative Flowers For Cards



Good Thursday Morning All!


Today, I thought I'd put together a little "flower pack" for decorating cards, envelopes, stationary, gift tags or emails.


Those that have Paint Shop Pro (psp) know that you can select any particular item and copy and paste it to a new canvas.


You can also use your selection tool to enclose any item and colorize it to the color you want.


The center item are 2 kaleidoscopes laid one over the other to make the design.


In the past, I seen black and white photographs with one colored object in them. Somehow that adds mystic to the picture and draws more attention to the composition as a whole. I love this effect.

This is only an example to show you what I mean. It definitely looks more vibrant in other pictures I've seen, but I think you get the idea. I'm sure you've seen these kind of photos in stores.

If you like sketching and tubing, PSP is definitely a good avenue for you to explore.

In the beginning, it may appear to be overwhelming, but the more you play with it and experiment, the more surprised you become at what you can create.

Another trick I thought I'd share is one about duplicating images. After I've drawn or colorized one image, and I wish to put it somewhere else (I only colorized one petal here), I always copy my image from the original image made. If you duplicate from an image that was already duplicated, you lose color and clarity. And after I've finished, I may choose to merge some of the layers and duplicate IT to make a deeper image. This also sharpens it some, yet I may still decide to sharpened it further using the sharpening tool.

You can use these tricks to make a person's eyes bluer. While PSP has a red-eye tool remover, I often prefer to deepen the color of a persons eyes by using my paint brush. I'm sure everyone has "their own method" for achieving the results they wish. With PSP, your options are many!

I hope you all have a great Thursday.

Have a great day ... and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: