Saturday, May 19, 2007

Kaleidoscope Fascination



My fascination with kalei-
doscopes grows and grows.

In this first picture, I started with just the first diamond-shaped line, which I compiled from one little gold line. I turned the one line into an "x", copied and pasted several times until I got this line.

I then tried copying and pasting several together to see what effects I could get. The next lines are showing those experiments.

In the 7th line down, I selected a portion of my line and kaleidoscoped it to get the flower design on the end.

The last line shows it again, but cleaning up some of the area I wanted to get rid of.

I then used my design to create the flower at the top. Finally, I just enclosed the flower and kaleidoscoped it to get the two designs under it. I then fiddled with those to get the third flower at the very bottom right hand corner.

Kaleidoscoping has been a fascination for many people over the years. We've all seen a toy that you hold to your eye that kaleidoscopes the items inside it.

Of course, I couldn't stop there. I then took the whole first picture, merged it, copied it to another canvas, made it smaller, selected it in a circle form, and then began kaleido-scoping all of that.

I did many layers. The second picture shows some of the effects I got. Notice how different the textures can be, and the lines and effects.

If a kaleidoscope has many colors, one result can be just one color or it can be many colors together.

I find that kaleidoscopes just offer so much. They stimulate ideas for creation. They add to a creation!

I hope you can see the uses for kaleidoscopes!

Have a terrific Saturday. It's going to be a beautiful day in Columbus, Ohio, and I'm getting to spend the day with my "almost 7-year old" granddaughter.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: