Friday, May 11, 2007

Questions About MOM!

Mother's Day is just 2 days away.

I recently read an email where they asked 2nd graders questions about their moms.

One question was "Why did God make moms?"

The answer: "Only mom knows where the scotch tape is."

This struck me funny, but it's true. My daughter and husband both ask me where the scotch tape is. Since moms usually tidy the house, she knows where "everything" is. Most of the time.

Another question: "What ingredients are moms made out of?"

Answer: "Out of clouds, and angel hair, and everything that is nice in the world ... and one dab of mean!"

Too cute. And true.

I remember my oldest son in his teens. He placed my open palm against his open palm as he stood well over me, and said, "Look mom! Bigger than yours!"

I smiled at him, and said, "It may be. But I'm still MEANER than you!" He agreed.

From the moment I knew I was pregnant, being a petite 5 foot 2 inches tall, I knew I would have to establish control over my children as to whom was in charge. I knew they would outgrow me eventually.

Being the oldest of 3 girls (my sisters), and often "in charge", I was the smallest of the 3, and the meanest. I knew this had to carry over into my motherhood, as I had two sons and a daughter, ALL of whom are much bigger than their mom!

My middle son says now that when he got into trouble, he could deal with the consequences, but the thing that bothered him the most was what I would do to him.

Now, I didn't beat my kids, and I am NOT really a mean old lady, but I did usually control the upper hand. And I have three grown, beautiful children today.

Another question asked of the 2nd graders was:

"What kind of little girl was your mom?"

Two adorable answers:

"I don't know 'cause I wasn't there; but I'd guess that she was pretty bossy." AND "They say she used to be nice."

Question: "What does your mom do with her spare time?"

Answer: "Moms don't DO spare time!"

Last question: "If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?"

Answer: "I would like to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back on her head!"

No matter what kind of mom you had, I'm sure there were good times and bad times. Take some time to remember her this Mother's Day.

And to my mother-in-law, I say, "Thanks, Lillie. For being the mom that gave me the terrific husband I have today. And for being a "mom" to all us that need you!"

The first picture today is a gif I made from the second picture. By using PSP's effects>pinch ... it made it possible to make this effect.

Enjoy this wonderful last day of the working week: FRIDAY!

And ... I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: