Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August Tuesday

Good morning,

A quick creation today.

August is hot! And this August appears to be wet.

We had a lot of rain yesterday, and I guess we are now looking at a week of rain.

The storm hit yesterday as I was leaving work. About an exit away from where I got on the freeway, it was as dry as a bone. And then on the slope coming down to my exit about 15 miles away, it was storming again.

I guess that's what spotted thunder showers are.

This creation started with the kalei of the star flower. I then did a drop shadow on it's own layer and swirled it. I then duplicated the shadow several times and changed each layers hue/color. I texturized each layer, and erased any tails on the swirl that went outside the main swirl because I reduced each layer to fit inside the main swirl. I finished it up with a shadow on the main swirl.

I then did two frames around it. After the first frame, I duplicated it, changed it's brightness and contrast and then texturized it. I moved the darker frame inside the textured frame and applied two sets of shadows to it.

And this is the finished creation. I like it.

Have a great Tuesday. If you're in Columbus, try to stay dry today!

See you tomorrow.

No comments: