Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back To School Time

Good morning!

I didn't post the last couple of days. I just got so busy, I didn't have any time to play in my programs.

But after having my granddaughter Friday after work, Friday night, and all day Saturday, I am aware that it's "back to school" time again.

Taylor will be in first grade. And since they just moved this weekend, she will be starting first grade at a brand new school.

They've moved into a neighborhood filled with kids, and while her mom was moving in, she had many ask about Taylor. For the first time in her life really, Taylor may actually have some "at home" friends to play with. How wonderful.

Now the question is, "How much freedom does her mom want to give her?" It's a question every mom has to ask herself with her first child. Somehow, the children that come after the first don't go through as many deliberations since you've covered that ground with the first.

Today's creation is in honor of the upcoming week's event! A blessing to most moms, an exhilerating yet somber time for most kids, and so it comes every year with mixed emotions!

When I was a kid, and when my kids were kids, school always ended on Memorial Day, and began right after Labor Day. Today, it ends later, and begins earlier.

My daughter has a nice new, and larger, apartment. It's closer to her dad's house which is good for her, since she works for her dad, and Taylor has been going to work with her for about half of this last year. Taylor spends a little more time at their house throughout the week, and usually sees me on weekends, although my daughter and granddaughter also attend church with her dad and his wife.

So to all you kids who are starting school this week, I hope it's an event you're looking forward to. Do well, and try to enjoy your time this year.

And to all you parents who are breathing a sigh of relief that you'll have a little more free time during your days, enjoy!

Hopefully, I will post something each day this week.

Have a wonderful, and blessed, Sunday.

Take care.

No comments: