Saturday, August 11, 2007

From Inspiration to Finished Creation

Good morning!

It's Saturday again, and time for a new creation.

The creation process is often the hardest part to come up with, especially when I am trying to post something new every day.

Today, my creation came from a kalei. Again, if you've been following this blog, this is no surprise to you. I love kaleis. I am hopelessly addicted to them, and use them always.

There are times I just see a picture or have an idea, and set about trying to achieve what I see before me. But sometimes, my mind is completely dry when it comes to a subject.

That's when kaleis are helpful. The first picture is a kalei that inspired the idea for this little fantasy house. (I also like fantasy.)

With fantasy, there is no right or wrong. It's just whatever comes into being.

The flowers are from a kalei. The design over the door and the heart-shape on the door are from kaleis. The grass is a kalei. The little butterfly to the left of the house and flowers is also a kalei.

The roof started with one brick that I made. I used special effect > cutout to get some tones in it. And then, I set about duplicating and merging them together. I had to go back and cutout bricks that overlapped outside the house, but that's no problem.

This was a fun project. It is also one of the reasons I love weekends. I have more time to spend on just one creation instead of being rushed as I am most week day mornings.

Have a really terrific Saturday. Our weather is cooling down for a few days, and the weekend promises to be beautiful.

See you tomorrow. (I'm off to try my hand at my "Sims" game again.)

No comments: