Friday, September 7, 2007

Card for A Gift

Good morning,

This morning, I am posting a card that can be put on a gift.

Most of the items are kaleis. The faint background is a house.

The bow is one I made from a tutorial that I found sometime last year or the year before.

It is Friday again!

Columbus had hot weather again yesterday. We are looking at a possibility of a few showers today with clouds, and it looks like it will be that way through Monday. We'll see.

My granddaughter came to spend the evening with us last night. She had salmon, mashed potatoes, and a salad with Ranch Style Dressing for dinner. My husband walked with the two of us over to the rec center near our house, and she played on the playground for a little bit.

It was hard to get her to go.

We've lived here about 4 years now. Every summer, she's loved going to the playground where there is a chance to play with some kids. But last summer, she grabbed a hold of a ladder leading to a climbing object, and placed her hand on a wasp which stung her several times in the hand. It was an awful thing.

This incident brought an end to her wanting to go play at the rec center. Last night, when Papaw asked if she wanted to walk over with us for awhile, she said, "The last time I went, I got stung."

I asked her if she remembered ALL the times we went? She did. I asked her she remembered how many times she went, had fun, and didn't get stung? She did. And then I told her that sometimes, things happen that we don't expect. Things that are not always pleasant. But we have to remember the bad times do go with the good, and the good far out-number the bad. It is just life.

After mulling it over for a little time, she decided it might be okay to leave the safety of the house, and take that walk over. We went.

We took a hand towel that had been soaked in plain water so we could wipe down some of the playground bars. I told her that it was possible that sweet, sticky fingers from kids playing could've originally caused the wasps to be on the bars. We wiped the areas down before playing. This was fun for her. She likes to clean -- except her room.

We all had a good time although no kids came. Being a weekend night, and close to dinner time and being a school night, it was a lonely playground.

We left and walked home with the promise of an ice cream sandwich and her favorite "coffee" dessert. An early bedtime at 8 pm finished off our evening.

She is gone this morning, as her mom came and picked her up from her slumber here, and whisked her home. She has school this morning.

But she will return Saturday and spend the night.

I hope everyone has a good Friday, and that it goes fast. I will be sitting at my desk by 6 am, and out of there at 3 pm.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: