Monday, September 24, 2007

The Versatile Kalei

Good Morning!

Hmmmm. My creation says that all these kaleis were made from this one KALEI. But, this one kalei was not a kalei, but simply a creation I made first, and then kalei'd.

The weekend went very fast, as usual.

I saw an interesting infomercial this weekend for natural food cures that are a secret. Maybe you've seen it.

I am interested in such things since I am one of those people who has a problem with medications. It seems that any time the doctor prescribes a medication for me for some ailment, those risky side effects become a major problem for me. Therefore, I do NOT go to the doctor often.

I am allergic to sulpha drugs. I am to NEVER take non-steriodals again. I don't take aspirin for a headache unless I just have to do so. Thankfully, I don't get many.

If I get a headache, I have found the most effective way to rid myself of it is to simply lie down and take a nap.

If I feel funny, like something is coming on, I eat blueberries and low-fat vanilla yogurt three times a day for a week, and everything is put back to normal.

I also believe in the power of positive thinking and talking. My husband has had a bad cold all last week. He is really miserable with it. He keeps saying, "Honey. I hope you don't get this."

I tell him, "Honey. I am NOT going to get your cold!" And, for the most part, I am usually very healthy. Thank God!

I am a "hand washer". I mentally sing the Alphabet Song when I wash my hands.

Several weeks ago, I told my 7-year old granddaughter about doing this, and how it could help her stay healthy. And then I caught her singing a really FAST rendition of it while washing her hands, and pointed out that the slower version was more appropriate and much more effective.

The thing I've noticed as I've gotten older is how many people are now on medication. Medication for a life-time!!! When I was a kid, this wasn't so. I believe people were healthier then. Everyone around me takes some kind of medication.

Commercials on tv promote taking medications for just about everything. They prompt you to "ask your doctor if (meds) is right for you." I know this is effective education for big business. Years ago, they used to promote cigarettes. But when they wanted people to stop smoking, they banned those commercials. And today, the same psychology is used for medications. It promotes sales.

Society's view will and has changed as today's kids are seeing all those commercials, and adults (as well as the kids) are all taking medication. It is now. It is the future. It is normal for them, but I don't see it as normal. My granddaughter, my daughter, and my husband are all on meds. So are many of my co-workers.

Give me a home remedy any day.

Enjoy your Monday! I'll be back tomorrow. Stay healthy.

No comments: