Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We will miss you

Good morning,

Today is the anniversary of 9/11. This creation was NOT made in honor of this day. Any creation for that day should be serious.

Instead, it is for a co-worker who is leaving our department. After about 2 1/2 months, he is moving on to a more lucrative job. Congrats!

Joe will be missed. He's has learned quickly and learned well.

He is also young, so thought he might enjoy a "sexy" woman in the message.

Years ago, I made a t-shirt for a young man with the same type of girl on the front. The message was, "Whip me. Beat me. Make me write bad checks."

This t-shirt was hand painted. He liked it.

Today, I work in a collections department. We collect from those who have written "dishonored" (bad) checks. It is not always a fun job, especially when talking to people we are taking money from out of their pay.

But, it is a good job. Our workload has been on the rise, and I see no foreseeable decline. And the stories! My, my. I could tell you stories. We've heard them all.

Many people just want to take care of their business, and be done with it. Others will yell at you. Some cry. Sometimes, it's hard to just remain calm, but after awhile, you learn to let the screamers scream. I give them plenty of room, saying nothing at all. When they finally finish, I let a pause linger. Deadness. They usually say, "Are YOU still there!?"

I then say, "Yes. I am. Here is how this can be handled."

I proceed to tell them. For some reason, they are usually calmer then. Maybe because I let them vent. Anyway you look at it, the debt must be handled.

So I changed the words to reflect our job. And that's the story.

I made the creation in Cartoon Maker, and transported it back into psp, my favorite program.

Have a great Tuesday. Back tomorrow and another post.

No comments: