Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Flowers For Your Garden

Good morning,

This is the same flower with different centers. I wanted to play with special effects.

Well, I go back to work this morning. The good thing is, I'm starting my week on Hump Day. I guess that makes tomorrow my hump day. Only 3 days in this week till the weekend. That's my kind of week.

I like Chinese food, so when my husband suggested it for dinner last night, I was happy with it ... but also slightly unsure.

You see, we have our own favorite spot for Chinese quisine. We used to live about 5 minutes or less from the restaurant until we bought our home. Now, it's about a 20-25 minute drive away.

The last time we ordered, all was fine. I always have left overs, so I took them for lunch the following day. And while eating it, I bit down on a ..... rock! Yes! It was a rock. I was really lucky I didn't break a tooth!

So, it had been awhile since we'd ordered from that restaurant. I didn't bring up the "rock" incident last night, but said that dinner ordered from there would be fine.

I woke up this morning and found my poor husband sitting on the couch. He was watching tv. As we always turn on the tv in our room and watch, regardless of the time of night, I was surprised to find him sitting on the couch. I asked him, "Honey, why didn't you just turn it on in our room?"

"I've been throwing up, and I didn't want to wake you," was his reply. "I think that Chinese food got me last night." Strike number two for our favorite Chinese restaurant. He told me he felt better, after he got rid of his stomach's contents.

I don't think I'll be so thrilled with this restaurant the next time it comes up. It's time to look for a new "favorite". And, while I ate my dish (garlic shrimp), and did not get sick, I do feel a little wary about taking the left overs for lunch today. My husband had shrimp fu yung.

Hope you all have a terrific day.

Back tomorrow.

No comments: