Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Back Yard


This picture started out with just making ONE fence post.

Of course, once I had one, I decided to make a group of three.

Then I thought it would be nice to curve the top.

Then it needed something in front of it.

I made some unusual-looking bushes, and added some flower tubes I'd already made and had stashed away.

ThenI needed dirt and grass which I made. Actually, I had made grass, so could just add that.

Then I thought I'd put a house behind it. I once had a patio like this in an apartment.

Then the curtain came. An experiment. And then I had this girl tube I'd made.

Next, the wall looked a little empty. Viola! A light! With a glow.

Tubes can also be made from photographs. I often find pictures to use that say, "Tubed by ...."

You can take your trusty camera with you and take some wonderful pictures.

At this time of year, with the flowers just beginning to bloom, you can do some beautiful flower tubes.

You can do your children, grandchildren, pets, and attractive items you find around your house.

A tube is usually ONE item, although you'll find tubes that may have "a couple" in them, such as two lovers embracing.

It is amazing what is out there!

I started out "collecting" tubes. From there, I wanted to make tubes, and that's when I discovered that it could be done using vectors.

I've made tubes as well as just patterns, which can then be filled with any color you decide.

Right now, I am playing with textures, shading, and composition. It is all great fun!

That's it! See you tomorrow!

No comments: