Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Hectic Saturday


Yesterday, I mentioned that I was having problems posting as my computer was doing something really crazy. I guess it was looking for something, but couldn't find it. The hour glass would not leave, so the computer just stayed in that searching mode.

I tried posting 3 times before I got my small post up.

My dear hubby has been working on my computer since I got up at almost 4 am.

So my post today is very simple. Saturday and Sunday are my days to get my artwork for the next week together. Therefore, I am very behind. I also do not know what I have available to me on my computer yet.

I spent the day drawing by hand. Since I sketch "in pencil", it does not scan well. Maybe I can try taking some photos of a few of them and posting that way.

On the flowers above, the initial flower is a kaleidoscope of some basic black lines I drew as vectors and converted to raster. I did selections-eclipse-to fill in the colors. Each color was done on a different layer. One way I like to get the color inside the flower where I want it is to just use the smudge tool to work it to the edges. Anything outside the borders can be PUSHED back inside the borders.

I always use a white background when doing this to make sure the colors are where they should be and there's no messiness outside my drawings. Then I added drop shadows on all. Each drop shadow was a different color, but you mainly see it only on the large flower.

Before I merge everything, I delete the white layer; and then merge visible. Turn it into a jpg, and it's finished.

I hope your Saturday was good. It is pretty here today.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: