Monday, April 2, 2007

Well, the new week is here.

Here are some tubes I made and then put together to create an ad for my blog.

Now that's a clean, shiny floor there.

The woman, I call June. The paint brush tip was made from a kaleidoscope, and of course, the creation on the back wall is also a kaleidoscope.

Kaleidoscopes remind me a lot of scribble drawings that I talked about in another post. I see pictures and figures in my kalei's, as I call them, and often use them for a new creation.

Sometimes the idea I see is very small. The details are hidden, but the nice thing about drawing in psp is that you can just keep working with what you see until you get something. Some drawings turn into a creature that doesn't exist, but that's the fun of it.

Below you can see one of my examples that I'm talking about. This was an alien bug made from a kalei. I used it in a creation called, "I can't come to work today. I caught some kind of new bug!" Oh yeah.


June was made several months ago. She was made with vectors, turned into rasters. Layer upon layer until she was finished.

I added her to my computer desktop at work as my screen saver with a popular question I hear at work all day. I also used her to make stationary in Outlook Express called "The House Wife".


And that's it for today. See you tomorrow!

No comments: