Sunday, November 18, 2007

Flowers For Sunday

Good morning!

This was a little flower creation I was playing with on Saturday morning. It's just for fun!

Taylor spent Friday night and all day Saturday with me. We were very busy girls.

We went to Michael's Craft Store yesterday to look at buttons. I was aiming for a Joann Fabrics, but couldn't find it. And I've been wanting to go to Michael's. In fact, I may go back today!

Tay has a little bunny that her other grandparents gave her. It no longer has eyes on it.

Yesterday, she brought bunny to me because she'd managed to get chocolate as well as green magic marker on her ear and arm. She was a mess. She wanted me to wash her.

The bunny has a few beans in her bottom while the rest appears to be stuffing. This bunny has been around awhile. The eyes are gone, but it is Taylor's most favorite "take along" possession. She sleeps with bunny.

I was afraid the beans would swell, and eventally mold, if I washed her. I did not want to do that much damage to Tay's most-loved creature.

We took a little soap and water and with a toothbrush, used only for cleaning small crevices of dishes, we scrubbed her. The green magic marker on her ear spread into a large green-looking area that now covered most of her ear.

Many years ago, I used Melaleuca products. I still had some cleaning spray I used, and believe it or not, everything came off. No green whatsoever! Miss Bunny looked much better! We were very careful NOT to get her too wet.

Taylor then informed me that she needed new eyes. And that is why we went shopping.

Tay found a bag of maybe 50 buttons and decided they were perfect, even though we only needed two.

She also had to have a circular sparkly thing as a crown for bunny. It turned out to be too big for her head, but made a marvelous skirt.

We poured the buttons all over the floor upon arriving home. Oh, they were delightful buttons, and Mamaw had as much fun as Taylor did playing with them.

Tay choose buttons for a necklace first. Oh my! This project was growing. So, with some yarn, I made Miss Bunny a flower necklace. Tay laid it out how she wanted it. We did have to make a small change, but Tay was very happy with the end result.

Then she had 2 teddy bear buttons, and she wanted those sewn on the big floppy ears at the top where a bow would go. Oh well, it's her bunny. (She had asked me on the way to the store if she would get to make the decision on her bunny's buttons. I had said, "Of course. It's YOUR bunny!)

Then there were two sizes of red hearts. She brought me a large one and a smaller one. She wanted one on the upper right of her left side, and the smaller diagonally lower than the first. I asked her, "Two hearts?"

"Oh yes!", she said. "The first is to show that the bunny loves me. The second is my heart showing I love bunny back!" It made perfect sense to me, and so on went the two buttons. Again, she was pleased.

She chose two pink buttons for her eyes. When Miss Bunny was done, I said, "Well. Miss Bunny has certainly had a big day: a complete MAKEOVER!"

Tay was very happy with her makeover Miss Bunny, and she thanked me many times for my efforts to please her. She did mention that she wasn't as comfortable as she was before, but she was much prettier! Oh yes. We female creatures often pay a big price for beauty!

We spent the day doing this project, and that evening, we had popcorn as we watch the new movie: Ratatouille. Delightful movie.

It was a very good day, and very busy! A lot of fun!

I hope you have a great Sunday! Back tomorrow.

No comments: