Thursday, November 15, 2007

Take Your Vacations

Good morning,

A very quick post this morning. Using kaleis.

I read in Woman's World that more than 30% of Americans don't take all their vacation time. They said that is 574 million paid vacation days that never get used!!!

I'll take some of that!

As you know, my vacation time is coming up.

I like my job since I can work overtime for pay, or I can work it for more time off. I do a little of both. While extra money never hurts, the time off definitely helps.

If you're NOT taking your vacations, why not schedule some time for the near future. You may be important to your job, but if you were gone tomorrow, someone else would do that job.

Who wants to see on their tombstone: "She was busy, busy, busy! She really worked hard for her job!"?

Today, I am attending our annual pizza party with our department. It starts at 11:30 a.m. I am taking a shrimp and crab salad that my husband prepared. "Thanks, honey!"

I go to these events because it's one way our department head recognizes us for the good job we do. And, it's a good time to get to know and talk with others you may not work as closely with. Always good.

Have a great Thursday. Back tomorrow!

No comments: