Friday, November 16, 2007

A Yellow-Striped Fish

Good morning,

This creation was done while playing around yesterday afternoon. The flowers on the ocean floor were kaleis made from the spots on the underside of the fish. So was the floor of the ocean, the sand, etc.

It was a fun little exercise.

I don't always know the final outcome of what I'm creating. It just kind of "flows" together as I go.

Yesterday was busy. My health insurance is expiring so it is open season to find another. We had a health fair so I picked up info on other providers, which took over an hour to do.

I left for the pizza party at an area park's lodge around 11:30 a.m. Tommy's Pizza, a big favorite of east-end Columbus people, was served. We had several salads, and lot of desserts. The party was a big hit. We had a nice fire in the fireplace as our weather was cold yesterday. We had a light rain that was pretty solid. Some called it snow. It was "almost" snow.

My children grew up on Tommy's Pizza, which was about 1 block from where we lived for several years. If you're on the Northwest side of Columbus, people love Rotolo's, which has finally branched out around Columbus. In fact, they have a place within 5 minutes of my current home.

It's Friday, and my last day before my vacation! I have two days of daily work on my desk, and one day is fairly large. I may or may not be able to get it done before I leave today. It depends on how busy the phones are.

We are looking down the barrel at Thanksgiving, and lots of people will travel home.

Have a great Friday. Back tomorrow.

No comments: