Thursday, November 8, 2007

Two tubes together and Countdown To Christmas

Good morning!

I was behind yesterday morning, and had some things to get ready for work, so missed my post. So here are the three creations for yesterday: Wednesday.

I posted these two tubes separately for Monday and Tuesday, and put them together for today's post.

I added a bow to the little table, and put in a background.

And the count down begins. I hear it on the radio as well. Of course, Thanksgiving is much closer still. And Black Friday, which is the biggest shopping day of the year. I don't usually join the crowd on that day. It's just too busy.(But! If you're one who loves this day, there is a website you can go to to check out mega-sales and early-bird specials: www.theblackfriday.com.)

Yesterday was busy with our birthday party. We had so much food left, we're reheating and having it again today.


And these two creations are kaleis. It is several that were put together. I did it twice, with two different backgrounds. It would be pretty with a Christmas scene or family picture in the middle.

A pretty scene with snow falling (animation) would be quite pretty, too.

I was reading the other day, and something that is good for arthritis is ... almonds! And they're also great for your skin. A few almonds a day can give you a nice glow.

I eat nuts every day. Almonds are among them as well as brazil nuts. And I usually have a little peanut butter with a cut up apple as a snack. Add 4 dried apricots to 10 plain almonds to help your energy levels. It's a great combination.

A good nut to help your blood pressure is the cashew.

And nuts are a great choice over potato chips as they have a lower gi (glycemic index). For a list of choices: www.glycemicindex.com.

Many years ago, the experts believed that eating nuts -- was nuts. We used to say, "You have to be nuts to eat nuts."

Today, "It's okay to be nuts about nuts!" But they are high in calories, so eating too many can cause you to gain weight. I like to think of nuts as little powerhouses. They are small, so only eat a few. A little goes a long way!

Have a really great day. Back in a minute to post for today!

No comments: