Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Card

Good morning!

A little creation that can be saved to your computer and printed out on white card stock and cut down for a birthday card.

Most of this was made by making a ball, and using 3 layers of cutouts, each a different hue, then merging and doing kaleidoscopes.

I am finally caught up at work getting all the daily work out. Today, I need to get my spreadsheets caught up for all the work that has come back in!

I expect to see another batch of daily work come in, and of course, we are gearing up to close for the month.

I got a call at work yesterday that was scarey. My middle son, the one leaving for a cruise Friday and his wedding on a beach in Cozemel, MX, had to be taken to the hospital yesterday. His first thought was "Am I having a heart attack?"

My daughter called because my ex-husband was on the phone with him. They wanted to know my family history. I told my daughter to remind my ex that he had taken me to the hospital way back in my late thirties with the same symptoms, but that it turned out to NOT be my heart. I do not have heart disease running in my family, thank God.

After many tests, they released my son. I talked with him last night, and he was at home napping when I called. I felt bad waking him, but he said, "No mom. I'm glad you called."

Seems he had seen his doctor the day before all this, for numbness in his arm. His doctor recommended that he switch all the gear he carries on the shuttle to work to his other arm occasionally or lighten the load. My son had already considered that as well, but wanted to get checked out BEFORE leaving this Friday.

Of course, he was on the shuttle when he started feeling really bad the next morning. Why is it, when we all have something come on us, that we then wonder if we should create a scene by asking for help or an ambulance? I know ... it happened to me when I was choking at lunch several months ago. We worry about asking for help and creating a scene when we are assuredly already creating a scene because we know we are in trouble.

He did ask the shuttle driver if she knew where the nearest hospital was. She did not. He got on his cell and called his doctor who asked him some questions. He got off the shuttle at work, and was feeling worse still. The doctor told him to go inside and get someone to call an ambulance. He ended up calling one himself on his cell phone.

I do hope he is okay. I'm hoping it's just stress. A lot has been going on his in life this year, and a lot of changes are taking place. When I had my problems, it was stress. That, I think, he inherited from his mom. (Who doesn't have stress in their life these days?)

I hope you all have a wonderful "stress-free" hump day!

Back tomorrow.

No comments: