Sunday, November 25, 2007

November 2007's last Sunday

Good morning!

Just a fun little flower for this morning. Just think! November is almost over!

My granddaughter spent the weekend at her dads. She is due back sometime today. They will drop her at my house.

My daughter went to Kentucky for Saturday and Sunday. Taylor was going, but last minute plans popped up ... for her ... that dashed her hopes of going. But she will get another chance ... at Christmas.

Her dad will be in Africa working till February. What would be nice is ... to see him actually pay his child support! And, he's expecting a NEW child. Don't get me started. It burns me up. Ohio laws don't do much in helping get child support.

My son and future daughter-in-law are leaving for their wedding cruise on November 30th: Friday. Friday is also my step-daughter's birthday. "Happy birthday, Shay!" She expecting a new baby girl in January!

My son, John, and Hillary will be married while they're on their cruise. Unfortunately, my son will not have any his family on hand. The expense was too great for us. My daughter and I will do our shopping together, but she thinks we should wait till AFTER they return from their trip. What a wonderful way to choose and ship a gift!!!

I have a rant today. Earlier this year, I mentioned that I bought a book that I saw on tv. It was Kevin Trudeau's The Weight Loss Cure book. Unfortunately, I did not do any searches on him. All I can say is, DON'T buy his book! It is nothing you haven't heard elsewhere, and it is costly and involves "exercise".

When you call to order, they offer you all these FREE one-time items. I did not order any of them and said that I do not order anything that I have to call to stop processing of my credit card. (A website does NOT count in this category.)

With the book, I got a free MONTHLY newsletter. You guessed it! They process your credit card every month for $9.95 for this newsletter. If you buy the book; the hook comes with it. Talk about nervy! (What's more is, I only received the free newsletter -- until Friday -- when the new one showed up! And, it was shown as being mailed out AFTER I wrote every single address on it to cancel it. So you see, once the book is ordered; stopping the charges is almost impossible.)

Had I done my research by checking online, I would have learned this particular problem with this company.

I went through the complaint form with my credit card company. Unfortunately, on my bill, I see that this newsletter tried to charge their monthly fee again. But! Ahhh! A credit for the $9.95 I already paid, and another credit for the new $9.95.

Thank you, Bank of America.

I am swearing off tv informercials. Due to companies as mentioned above, it's just too much trouble.

What I would like to see? An on-line comment form -- where you pay your bill, if you bank on line -- so you can go in and state: "Yes. I ordered this, but did NOT agree to any further business at this point." OR "No. I did not purchase this." OR "Yes. I ordered this, and it will be a monthly charge until I comment differently."

I was prepared to drop this credit card, if need be. I'm glad I don't have to do so, since I've had it for a long time.

Hope you have a terrific Sunday!

Back tomorrow ... in a better frame of mind!

No comments: