Friday, November 9, 2007

Sig Tags

Good morning @ 10:04 a.m.!

As you know, I am off from work today. I have a little "me-time" to just play with my artwork. This is probably one of the most enjoyable things I do for myself.

People always want sig tags, so this morning, I was just playing around, and came up with this.

Of course, the flower around the sig as well as the small daisies are kaleis.

I spend a lot of time looking at other people's artwork. I see many things I like. Looking at other creations gives me ideas. I start to think, "Hey! What if I tried this ... or that?"

And off I go. This creation started with one layer flooded with black. The second layer was some lines of different widths and different colors, but mostly bright or pastels. I then decided to put a white shadow on another layers.

Staying only on the shadow layer, I selected the shadow with my selection tool -- circle -- and began kaleidoscoping it. It is hard to see the designs because I have NOT merged the layers, so only the white is kalei'd on a clear background. Many times, I hit okay after I find something I like. After saying ok, the new kalei is easily visible on the black layer. If I don't like it, or want to make it smaller or larger, I just hit undo, and start again.

I then went to the line color layer, leaving my selection tool active, and began kalei-ing it. It's easier to see because it has color. Once I find one I really like, I merge the two I just created together, and kalei it. The selection tool is left on all through this.

It's amazing what colors come up. And designs.

I hope you're having a wonderful Friday. I am.

Back tomorrow (if not sooner). I am playing today, you know.

No comments: