Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Good morning!

It was a noisy evening last night. And will be for the next several, I'm afraid. But, I really don't mind.

My grand-
daughter stayed the evening, and she's still asleep. Shhhh! (She'll want to play on my computer!)

I wanted to make something that was red, white, and blue. It started with making the border at the far left, and kaleidoscoping the design for the other effects.

Our poor city is very dry this year. Reports on the radio warned patrons that this year, the police would be on the lookout for unsanctioned fireworks, as it is just too dry, and they don't want a lot of fires.

My daughter went downtown to the Red, White, and Boom last night with a friend. I've done that, many years ago. It is beautiful, but the getting in to find a place to view it, and the getting out is just too much! I'm sure it will be on tv, so I'll just watch from the comfort of home.

A note on the kittens. They are growing up. They wander around throughout the day now, but come home to our yard every so often. I don't see them all so much anymore. I don't think they have homes though, as they are still wild. Mama kitty still comes for food at my deck door though, and I've found more birds and feathers around lately.

Have a really great 4th today. This starts a mini-vacation for me today. I don't go back till Monday. I had hoped to get all the "regional accounting tech" work done for all the U.S. before I left work yesterday, but alas, the phones were too busy.

There are only two "regionals" in my office. We each handle 3 of the regions that make up the 6 across the U.S. Since the other regional was out on Monday and Tuesday, I was handling her work. We had 2 days of daily work left for the month of June. I got the first day done easily, but yesterday was impossible. I got my work pulled, but the system I needed kept "booting" me out. I don't understand that as many people were off, so I just have to assume they were busy loading it throughout the day. I left most of the last day for the regional returning. We do our work to give to the techs that input. All the work that comes in starts and ends with us. So there will be spreadsheets and filing away the month's work when I get back.

Again, have a great 4th! Keep it safe! And I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: