Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pixel Designs

Good morning,

The final day of the weekend is upon us. It will go fast.

This is a pixel creation. Very colorful.

I started by making just the little square in the upper left-hand corner. You see 3 tiles. The pixel portion is just the first little 25 blocks. Each little block is: red = 5 pixels across and down, and then black = 5 pixels across and down.

The first tile was created by placing one red and black pixel creation across the top 2 times. The second row placed the pixels between the two on the first row, and overlapping the bottom and tops of the left hand corner of each pixel. As I built it, I zoomed in to place it, and then reduced back in to see how it looked. I did this with each row until my tile was created, and then put a black frame around the tile.

Then I produced 3 tiles and lined them up. I added the black bar at the bottom to separate. I had also built a tiny red and white pixel box which I copied and pasted together across the bottom.

The flower is a kaleidoscope of a red and black pixel tile. (Later this week, I will share a setting I like in kaleis, and the effect you can get from different creations I've placed on this blog. See Tuesday and Wednesday.)

Pixel art is very time consuming. It's fun to play with, but doing pixels on a regular basis would be too involved.

If you're interested in pixels, do a search in your favorite engine for pixel designs. I was very surprised by the amount of info on it. It appears that it can be a great background for webpages, but I'm not sure I would want to do that much work on just a pixel design.

Certain fonts can also be used for pixel creations. It's amazing.

Pixels can be used to create small drawings or creatures. They can also be animated.


Here is an example of pixel graphics. As you can see, it is difficult to get a crisp-looking little mouse. Graph paper would be a help or just using the graph provided in psp would be a help in designing your outline.

Getting the outline just perfect is something I find difficult. But there are many great pixel artists out there in the internet world.

Have a great Sunday.

My granddaughter is here tonight, and should be up soon. Her mom will pick her up for church early.

See you back here -- tomorrow!

No comments: