Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dress Up Your Notes With Stationary

Good morning,

Writing on stationary is fun! I love making different ones. And this one was no different.

We are 11 days away from Halloween! It's hard to believe that this year is quickly coming to a close.

Some interesting websites for the holiday:

If you've ever wanted to spot a REAL ghost, where would you go? I read in my women's magazine that you can find one in a directory at www.hauntedhouses.com. Hmmmm!

And for those that don't want the real deal, but just some of the spooky events for Halloween, try www.hauntedhouse.com. This time it is without the "s", but you can find a spooky haunted house, ghostly hay rides, and fun corn mazes at local farms and amusement parks for about $10-$20/person.

I read a tidbit of info also. For those of you that remember West Side Story (hands up?), the roll of Tony was played by Richard Beymer. But did you know who was originally choosen, but his agent talked him out of it? ELVIS!

And during this week in 1990, Kevin Costner debuted in Dances With Wolves! This is a movie that was long, but it was fantastic. I remember making my children, who were teenagers at that time, sit through it when we watched the movie at home. My oldest did not want to see it at all, but at the end, was so glad he watched it.

Taylor came yesterday evening and is currently sleeping in my bed. Papaw slept on the couch -- ouch! We bought the new release of Transformers yesterday to watch. Taylor had been saying she wanted to see it. Her mom had seen it at the movie theater (she thought it was too slow and didn't recommend it). Taylor and I both had seen the commercials for it and had decided we thought it looked good! We wanted to see it.

So last night, we did. At first, Taylor lost interest. That was fine, but after about 30 minutes, she wandered back in and got caught up in it. We really enjoyed it. "That was good, mamaw!" she said. I agreed. I loved it! (Usually, if my daughter doesn't enjoy a movie, I do. We just have different tastes when it comes to movies!)

Have a really great day. Taylor is going with her other grandparents to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival at 3 p.m., and then home with them. I'd love to go to the event myself, but I hate crowds.

My daughter is currently going to a wedding with her boyfriend in his hometown of Cincinnati, which is where I grew up from 6 to 16. I went to Mt. Healthy High School. They will be staying with his parents.

It is ironic that she is attending a wedding today, since today -- October 20th -- was to be HER wedding day. At the beginning of this year, she was still engaged to her sweetheart of 3 years, but by spring, they both had decided it was NOT to be. They had most of the wedding plans done, and were in the process of building a home, which he ended up selling. Life surely takes a lot of twists and turns!

See you tomorrow.

No comments: