Monday, October 22, 2007

Eve Spelled Backward

Good morning,

I started this creation with "hair playing". I created one strand and did an inner bevel on it several times. The strand was drawn free-hand, with my Wacom Grahire Pen.

I choose a head and neck from my collection of pre-made tubes for cartoons. The back hair was added behind the head. I merged several strands together, shaping it the way I wanted it to flow. Then the front left was created. I then mirrored the front left to the front right.

The top hair is the same, but I reduced it's length, and tilted it sideways right and left, and finally the bangs. The brows were made from the same hair strand.

After adding all the hair, I spray painted the back hair in the center to make it a little darker.

When I do the eyes, I make them very, very large on my canvas to get the detail and shadowing the way I want. After one is made, I reduce it to fit my face, and then duplicate and mirror it. The eye hi-lites are the last things I added to this creation.

The saying is one I came up with.

And yes! That is an apple at the bottom right. My husband saw that and said, "Wow! Someone took a huge bite out of it!" Sheepishly grinning, I said, "Yep." It should've been a smaller bite, I agree, but after eating the whole apple, I did not feel like starting a second apple.

I read a little in my Reader's Digest this morning, and I thought this was amusingly true: "Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it."

And then a few articles before that in LET"S GO AIRPOOLING, they show you an example of the new Jetson-style air car: price $95,000 - $145,000! That's as much as my house!!! I'm sticking to my "paid-off, eleven year-old car", which still runs like a top and still looks great!

Have a good Monday. Back tomorrow.

No comments: