Monday, October 15, 2007

Ghost in a Flickering Pumpkin Gif

Good morning!

Again ... my apologies to those that can't view this gif. It's really cute.

This pumpkin belongs to Taylor. Several weeks back, she and her dad's family took a school trip to the pumpkin patch where she was lucky enough to select her own pumpkin.

Her mom elected NOT to take it home because, "You know what to do with it. I don't. You two can at least do the pumpkin seed thing."

And, after Halloween, we will.

The pumpkin is not actually carved. I just took a picture of it to do this creation.

The pumpkin seed thing is a ritual I had with my own children. Every year, I made home-made pumpkin pies from pumpkins. Of course, there were all those seeds. So, we scooped them out, washed them, rid them of their strings, and put them on a cookie pan. I sprinkled them with salt, popped them in the oven, and viola! Tasty pumpkin seeds to snack on. They are wonderful! I eat the shells as well as the seed inside. Marvelous!

My father, when alive, would eat my pumpkin pie, if he happened to be at our house on Thanksgiving. He does NOT like pumpkin pie, but said mine was delicious. Quite a compliment from my dad, and a big accomplishment for me. They were yummy!

I was reading an article on msn today about spray cleaners raising the risk of asthma to users. Once a week is enough, but the risk doubles if used 4 times a week. I know that more and more people today have asthma. When I grew up, only a very few had that condition.

While I do like a neat, tidy house (my office does not qualify), I am not a nut about everything being clean, clean! I've always said that a little dirt doesn't hurt anybody. In fact, I think a little is good, and I've always said so. I learned it from my step-mom. It builds antibodies!

And over this last year, my suspicions have been confirmed. I've read that from time to time in articles. To me, it's just common sense. I feel we must take a middle-of-the-road stance on certain issues like this. Leaning too far one direction or the other makes no sense.

I hope you all have a great Monday -- even if you're heading back to the office.

I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: