Thursday, October 18, 2007

Halloween Table Centerpiece

Good morning,

This is my table centerpiece which I tubed. A cute little scarecrow with a pumpkin, which I picked up at Walmart, a slim glass vase with flowers, and a kalei which I couldn't resist.

There is also a white, swirled glass pitcher, which I picked up at a thrift store. Sometimes, I fill it with flowers for a lone centerpiece.

There are so many things you can use your camera for, and then take that picture, and tube it for your creations.

My next major purchase will be a new camera, as the one I currently own is no longer operating as well as I'd like.

Today, at work, there is a craft fair. People of many talents will be showing and selling their crafts. My co-worker/friend, Mel, will be selling her stuffed animals. I'm hoping she may have some of her dolls this time, too.

In the past, she has made bears from a dad's old robe. I have a coat that belonged to my father, which I've asked her about making into bears.

Mel is very creative! She does beautiful work.

Yesterday was a great day at work. Mainly because of NOT being on the phones. Our system was down so we could not take customer calls. We had our "slam" day for daily work for 10/12, which I am still working on. The work for 10/15 is also sitting on my desk, waiting to be attacked next. It is small and won't take much time. I just need to finish both up today.

I am hoping to get to my email box again also. Each morning, I take a little of my early morning time to weed it out. I finally found 2 emails from headquarters that I couldn't find previously, and took care of their requests. The email is always so loaded, and I find it quite a task to stay up with it.

My own filter at home puts a lot of spam in the "spamkiller" which is great. Unfortunately, it also puts about 5 email subscriptions I read regularly in there, so I must go weed it out every morning as well. I've added them to my "friendly" list, and I constantly mark them as NOT SPAM, but the filter continues to put them in the spamkiller folder. Oh well. Technology!

Have a really great Thursday. See you Friday!

No comments: