Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween!

Good morning!

It is finally Halloween Day! This evening, my neighbor-
hood will be full of little witches, princesses, ghosts and goblins, and a million other frightful, wonderful children -- out to gather their treats.

The younger children are great to watch. Around age 4 to 5, they approach you almost with hesitation, but moms and dads encourage them on. Not until you put some candy in their pumpkin or bag, does a smile light up their face and you can almost hear their delight. "I like this. I like this a lot!"

My first creation is my festive Halloween Smiley. He is all ready for Halloween!

My second creation is a little
"Maxine-type" witch.

I tubed a coffee cup I have, which I am fond of. The little witch was mostly air-brushed and pushed into shape.

Tonight, my husband is on his way to his aunt's funeral. His mom and his brother both called early this morning. Our home phone has been disconnected for awhile as my husband sent his phone payment to the wrong address. So, they didn't reach him sooner, although Fred did have my husband's cell phone number.

We don't use our home phone much, and frankly, I wasn't even aware that it had been disconnected. That tells you how much I use it. Nada!

Due to the fact that it's such short notice, and we are so busy at work, I will stay home. It is the last day of the month, and we regionals are waiting for the last 3 days of work to come in so we can close. The system we use had not been loaded as of yesterday evening, so when it finally is, the techs will have 4 days to enter, assuming we get the rest of the workload today.

So today, and this evening, will be busy.

I stopped on my way home last night to buy candy. Three big bags and three smaller ones and $29 dollars lighter.

Make it a really good day today. I will be back ... tomorrow! Happy Halloween, everyone!

No comments: