Monday, October 8, 2007

I smell a rat!

Good morning!

It is Monday, October 8th! A wonderful, wonderful day for two reasons!

First, it is my oldest son's birthday. Happy birthday, Christian! He is 36 years old this year.

And second: It is Columbus Day; therefore, I have the day off!

Fantastic!

This is another picture of the wild mama cat, Sweetie, who comes to my door to be fed. I took the picture, and tubed it.

Being that it's almost Halloween, I felt a mouse dressed for "Trick or Treat" would be amusing. Hence, the cartoon.

I drew out some sketches of what I wanted my mouse to look like first, and then used them as my guide to do the mouse in psp. I used the air brush to paint and shade, and the warp brush to shape and move into place. The mouse is actually a much bigger tube, but I shrunk it for this creation.

I think my computer problems are over. At least, I hope so. My husband worked on it yesterday, and it appears to be functioning again normally. Thank you, darlin'!

We had a wonderful Sunday. My daughter brought her beau over. He's handsome, and very personable. It was delightful to meet him.

I am on a new mission today. One of health and weight-control through nutritional know-how! I am always reading, and I just hate the fact that I can't remember "what is good for what"! So, I've started a databased book to put down these nuggets and introduce them into my life.

I am already a healthy eater. But now ... I will be even better. If you're interested in such things, feel free to post something to my chat box. Share tips on what you know.

A University of Illinois study found that eating a simple combination of broccoli and tomatoes together provides such fantastic teamwork together that it stops the growth of abnormal cells. Since I love salads, this would make a super, simple one! While I'm not worried about cancer in my life, I certainly don't mind eating things that will help prevent it either.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Be healthy!

Back tomorrow.

No comments: