Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cosmic Blob Friends

Good morning,

Back with some Cosmic Blob flowers in Friends are Forever! This flower has 2 faces in Cosmic Blobs. I put one face on the front, and one on the back, and just turned it around to get the 2 flowers. It was great fun!

I am really enjoying CB again. It is getting easier to manipulate, and I am thinking of new ways to use it.

Well. My husband's flight to Milwaukee was cancelled yesterday, so he stayed home.

I wasn't surprised as I had called him that morning to tell him that I'd heard that there was a possibility of cancelled -- or at least delayed -- flights heading west and northwest. Chicago, Milwaukee and other cities were named. They said that some 600,000 people were without electricity, and they had 14 reported deaths at that time. Wow! That must be some kind of winter storm!

I worried that he might get there ... and not be able to get back right away as they are predicting several days of approaching bad weather.

Right now, they are saying that tomorrow morning may be a slippery ride into work. While I like viewing snow, I enjoy it most while comfortably sitting inside my house and looking out. Driving to work in slippery, hazardous conditions always makes my neck and upper back stiff from tensing up driving in. Ugh!

We had 2 snowy days last week. On the first day, I was doing about 45 on the road. The second day, most of those on the freeway were lucky to do 30-35 mph. My car was all over the road. And one minute, I was in the middle lane, and the next we were in the far left-hand lane. And I was following the traffic -- but at a safe distance from the pack. Trying to just follow the tracks left in the road was cumbersome.

I guess it's going to be a rough winter this year.

We had a lovely Christmas party at work yesterday for the whole humungus building. Fantastic! Our group party is this Friday. Last Friday was our district party, but I skipped that one this year. Too many parties.

And my husband and I have his Christmas party this Friday night. I'll be glad when the holidays are over and peace and quiet settle back into our lives.

Have a great day! See you tomorrow.

No comments: