Friday, December 14, 2007

Cosmic Blob Worm

Good morning!

A very simple little worm done in Cosmic Blobs.

Today is Friiiiii-day! And a short Friday it will be for me.

Our group Christmas party is today. We leave for the restaurant around 11 and head to our party after working four hours.

Since I go in at 6 a.m., I will be putting in an extra hour which is not recognized, but if I adjust my schedule and go in later, I'll lose two things. A closer parking space which is already a 5 minute walk, and one extra working hour of NOT being on the phones. Those 2 hours from 6 to 8 a.m. are very necessary time for me to get a lot of work done quickly. Being interrupted by incoming calls from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. really put a harness on your flow of work.

After this pay period, our overtime has been cut. It's always a good and bad thing.

Good, since I will go home sooner and be less tired. I am used to working over 8 hours a day, and when my cutoff comes, it's just easier to stay and continue. Again, since I am on the phones at 8 a.m., I am off the phones at 3. So again, any time AFTER 3 p.m. increases my work flow. Those that come in later, say 9, must remain on the phones till 4:30.

I still get calls transferred to me, but am working on that. I am telling the others NOT to transfer calls to me after 3. I am on overtime, at the point, and am off the phones. If they can't help them, take their number and I'll call them in the morning. Just tell them I've left for the day because, in reality, I have. If I have to take phone calls when I'm off, I might as well leave.

The bad point of no overtime is obvious: less money. What else can you say?

Tonight is my husband's company Christmas party. It starts at 6:30, so I'll be home in plenty of time to get ready for that, and we will probably actually be on time this year. After it, our parties are DONE for the year.

Have a really teee-ri-fic Friday! See you tomorrow!

No comments: