Friday, December 14, 2012

2012 Christmas Card for work, and free pngs for you!

Good Friday morning,

Yesterday, I gave out my Christmas cards at work.  The png graphic above is all of the elements together.  This is the front of the card, and was put on a piece of larger card stock that I inked around.



This is just the png graphic girl.  Her hat is a little reindeer hat that I created.  Yes, she is unusual, but I like unusual.


This is the little png graphic mouse that I added to the front of the card.  He was made several years ago.

This is "funky" reindeer, and he was made last year, I think.  He's holding a little flower in his hand.

This is how the inside of my card looked, when all put together.  This was also put on larger card stock, and inked around.



And finally, the tree.  If I'd had time, I was going to write diagonally, like garland, on the tree.  Maybe Christmas words, like joy, peace, and love.  Or Jesus, savior, love, for a more religious-style meaning.

After all, the reason for the season, is Jesus.

Unfortunately, when I got ready to print out my graphics to assemble, my printer was down.  I've been having a lot of trouble with it going off-line.  It would print one graphic, and then it would go off-line.  This time, it just didn't want to go back online.

Since I've been having trouble with it for awhile, I had purchased an HP Officejet 4622 about a month ago.  It's been sitting in my granddaughters room, waiting for me to use up all the ink from my old printer.  Alas, I was not able to use it all up, but it was almost empty.

So my dear husband, installed my new printer.  I like it because I can buy my ink cartridges separately, and I checked before buying this printer, to see how much those ink cartridges were going to cost me each time.  They are cheaper, and it will be easier to fit in my budget, as I will only need to buy whichever color is low.  I like that. I usually try to keep one set on hand, in case I run low when doing a project.

Our Christmas party is today.  I am going in a little later this morning, and I have my white elephant gifts ready to go.  I crocheted a slip-in type rectangle cover and slipped a little journal inside.  I'll post pictures of that in another post.  I tied little handmade, crocheted flowers to the top, in case the receipant wanted to remove them.

I have a box of candy to go with it, and I'll try to come up with some original decoration for it.

I hope you all are enjoying your parties!

Have a terrific day!

Cj
http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com

No comments: