Thursday, December 27, 2012

Free Owl Png for YOU: and some paper creations



Good Thursday morning to you all,

The week is rolling along, and the winter storm hit us yesterday.  Thankfully, I'm off work this week, but my dear husband had to go out in it, bless his heart!  But his company closed down early, so he retreated to the warmth and safety of home.

I made this little owl yesterday, and I've been busy putting elements together for cards.  I actually printed this one in one direction, and then in reverse.  I cut them out, and put them back to back.  I haven't decided what to do with him for now, but maybe next year, I'll put a hole at the top and make him an ornament.  Maybe I'll give him a new Santa hat for that.

The above owl is in png format, and free for you to snag, as always!




I've had ample time to play this morning.  I was visiting Martha Stewarts website and looking at all the crafts.  I get her daily newsletter, but wanted to explore her site.  It's a great site, which I will reference shortly, as some of the ideas came from her site.

This little item above - a jpg - is a creation I put together this morning.

The first Martha Stewart item in this is the little scarf you see around his neck.  At http://thecraftdept.marthastewart.com, they feature this, but as a napkin ring.  I had some shiny black cardstock on my desk and thought, "Hey!  That's cute.  I can do that."  When I'd finished, I decided to cut fringe on each end, and slipped it over the neck of my little bird on the flower.  (That graphic is somewhere here on the blog as well.)  By the way, I am going to try crocheting a scarf with this slit in it to tuck it in and through.  I think that will be pretty snazzy!

In this particular picture above, you'll see my two little sculpey owls peeking their heads up.  They are resting inside ... just for this camera snap.




This is another picture of the one above, but minus the little owls.  I wanted you to be able to see the little picket fence inside.

The actual design of this creation is mine.  I just started putting things together.  But again, I got started on the idea by browsing Martha Stewart's site.  The black design at the bottom is actually from her page at http://thecraftdept.marthastewart.com/page/2.  It's a paper basket weave heart.

Again I grabbed some black shiny cardstock, and gave it a try.  It didn't turn out as marvelously as the one featured, but I still found it useful.




The third of these pictures show how the inside comes out.  It's separate.  I was still looking through Martha's site, and saw these little purses they were making to hold things.  I thought, "How'd that look in cardstock?"  And that"s what set me on to creating the half circle box.  By the way, it stands on it's own, even though the bottom is round.

Once I made the half round container, I added the box outside to help hold it steady if I put something in it.  And I wanted more decorations.  I took the remainder of the paper that I'd cut the circle box from and fashioned this rectanglar box around it.  I had some border paper, the red, white and black design around the bottom, and glued that down.   I made the border paper myself, too.   I picked up the black woven heart, and attached that.  I grabbed a sticky ladybug I had and put it on the front of the black heart.  Too bad I didn't have snowflakes for winter, since the little bird has a hat and scarf on.  Oh well.  It's a warm place that suddenly got hit by a storm!

I decorated the circular box while it was inside the rectangle box.  A sticky flower, and two little sparkly gems on either side, with remaining pieces I had cut aways from the rectanglar box.  The last thing I added was the picket fence.

I had the little bird I had made several years ago, and it was printed and cut out, so I added it to the rectangular box.  A bee sticker is in the center of the flower.

I put it all together, and added two more lady bird stickers to the front.  Viola!  It was finished.

I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet.

It could go on the front of a card and hold some items inside the circular box.  If I do that, I'll glue the two pieces together.




I just wanted to post another picture.  This was the first napkin ring I made from Martha Stewart.  After I got onto the idea of a scarf, I cut a circle to go inside it, and slipped this little sculpey head inside it.  The nose sticks out, and holds it in a perfect position for wearing. I did not fringe the ends of this one ... because it was my first.  He's sitting on an upside down jar of gold pieces that I use in my sculpey creations.

I hope you enjoyed seeing all I created this morning.

The day is still young, and I have a lot of exploring to do for fun!

Enjoy the owl png.

Cj

We have quite a bit of snow on the ground this morning.  Hmmm ... think I'll have another cup of coffee, and snug in.

No comments: