Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Sock Bear and Artful Christmas Graphics: Free pngs.

 
Christmas Cheer for the Holiday Season!

Good afternoon,

I spend a lot of time on pinterest.  I love pinterest.  It's addicting.

One of the things I found on it was a sock bear.  You can find it here:
http://www.funlobby.com/index.php/201201042489/teddy-bear-made-out-of-a-sock-10-images.html

It was so darn cute, and I thought I pinned it.  I searched all over, and cannot find it, so I did a quick google search, and found it right away.

So when I went grocery shopping yesterday, I picked up some white Hanes socks.  And last night, I quickly tried my hand at my first bear sock!  He's featured in the first two pictures.  The art work is mine, of course.

I went into Corel Painter 12, and picked some colors I liked and put them together, and then into Paint Shop Pro to create the art work.

I took a picture of my little bear, and pulled him into "the shop" and edited him to put him into my art work.  If you follow me, you know I love doing this kind of thing.  Since Christmas is coming, I thought he was perfect.

I made my bear, and then crocheted a scarf and flower hat for him to keep him warm.  He's kind of rough for my first attempt, but I learned a lot in crafting him, and "thank you very much" to the creator of this tutorial!


I also am amazed with fantasy flowers, and above and below, you find two I created this morning.  I love the colors ... again done originally in Painter.  They really shine!


All of the items above are in pngs, so feel free to download the graphics and enjoy.  Perhaps they'll find their way into one of your Christmas creations this year.

I was reading my Woman's World magazine.  The current one is available in the stores until Friday this coming week.  It's the December 10th, 2012, edition.  In it, I learned that adding 1 cup of beans daily for five days, will help you lose 1/2 to 1 pound a day, without changing any of your current eating habits.

The beans help you feel satisfied and full, and helps cut the fat down in your waistline.  I just have to try it, so this week, that's what I'm doing.

Pick up the magazine to find out more ... I don't receive anything from them, but I just love their magazine.

Today I made macaroni and cheese for lunch, and drained and rinsed canned black beans.  I added 1/2 cup to the mac and cheese.  It was delicious.

I've found that beans are terrific tasting in almost any dish.  I do need to pick up some "beano" though, as I get quite noisy from the beans.  Embarrassing.

When my kids were little, I made Kidney Bean Lasagna.  To them, that was lasagna.  I don't think they even realized it was meatless.

I recently told my second husband about this, and even though he cooks lasagna with ground beef, he added kidney beans to it and declared, "Hey!  I wouldn't have believed kidney beans would actually make my lasagna taste better!"

My kids also were treated to baked beans served over a slice of bread when they were growing up.  This was a wonderful meatless meal.  Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Hope you enjoy the graphics and my little sock bear.

I plan to make about 16 of these bears.  The package I bought had 8 pairs of socks, and it only takes one to make the bear.  I plan to give one as my "white elephant" gift at our Christmas party at work this year.

Have a wonderful Sunday.  See you soon!

And to all you Pinterest fans out there ... KEEP PINNING!  (I know I will!!!)

Cj
http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com
I'm thinking of discontinuing this site as I can continue to offer pngs here ... and its free for me.

No comments: