Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sat 12/12/09 Sammy The Cat-Inspiration to Finished Creation


Good morning,

I really enjoy creating when I have more time in the mornings.

Today, I thought I'd share how many of my creations come into being.

This is in honor of Sammy (my cat), who walked out my door just five weeks ago now. I had him for about 5 years.

Sammy never came back. What happened to him, I'll probably never know.

My husband doesn't like cats, but even he had to say, "For a cat ... he's pretty great!" (He's a dog lover.)

This is kind of a mini tutorial just showing you the progression of Sammy The Cat!

Sammy The Cat started from the first picture at the very top, left. This little creature was in a kaleidoscope I did. I copied just that portion of the kalei, and pasted him into a new image. I then started a separate image, using this for comparison, and started shaping what I wanted from it.

You can see each step. I worked my way down to his neck, and found another kalei I liked for the collar around Sammy's neck. And because it's Christmas, I thought I'd make him holding a card that he needs to get in the mail.

When I create, I usually create in this manner. Sammy The Cat is on my website today. He's much bigger! Since my website was created to feature 3 new free graphics each day, he will only be up today. By early morning tomorrow ... he and the other 2 creations will be history. Snag my daily creations as they happen.

I'm rather pleased with Sammy The Cat. I hope you'll grab him, and put him in some wonderful creation of your own.

I have a very busy weekend ahead, and a busy week next week. As of Friday, 12/18, I am off till January 4th, 2010. I hope to get a lot of creating done during that time, as well as get my tiny home office organized.

And, of course, I still need to get my cards out ... for work and home ... as well as finish Christmas shopping.

Have a great day! See you tomorrow.

Cj

http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com

3 new free graphics each day

No comments: